Saturday, July 16, 2011

Napkin Birthday Card

Made this card for my mother in law for her 95th birthday. She is an amazing woman for her age. Only looks about 75 and is still able to get out and about on her own.
I had to make it quickly last night and added the flowers this morning. Her birthday lunch was today!


I am not 100 per cent happy with it, but my MIL loved it!

Started with a folded 4x4 white card. Tore the napkin and adhered to card with napkin glue.
Sponged some Vintage Photo distress ink around the edges of napkin and on some of the white spaces on the card.
Stamped birthday sentiment (EK Success)in Rusty Brown stazon ink and punched out with Word Window punch. Sprayed two white paper flowers with Crushed Sand and Gold glimmer mist before adhering to card.

4 comments:

  1. Aaahhh... nothing like working under pressure Shirley. I think it looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she should have been happy , its beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Shirl... gorgeous napkin background... your MIL sounds wonderful for her age... 95 is fabulous...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete